Sunday, August 31, 2008

We made it home on time...

For those of you wondering if we made it home - we did and on time!!! The Houston airport was almost completely empty when our plane landed. The tarmac had no planes sitting on it because most airlines had already flown theirs out to other places. McDonald's and a lot of other shops in the airport were closed because they had sent their employees home to prepare for evacuation. Our flight was the last Continental flight out of the Houston airport - we made it just in time!

From the time we got off the plane, went through Customs, took Edison through Immigration and got to our gate at Houston took 25 minutes!!!! Amazing! I know all of you fellow adoptive moms who have waited for a couple of hours will not believe me - but that is how "not" busy the Houston airport was. Paul estimated their may have been 400 people in the airport and Houston is normally very busy.

I'm still having trouble with my camera. I cannot find my USB cord and for some reason, my computer is not reading my SD card. I know you are all anxious to see pictures - as am I to show them to you!

No comments:

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag