Friday, August 1, 2008

Still no birth certificate...

Well, it's August 1st. I was just told that the birth certificate was not ready and that it will not be for 10 more business days. I told myself that I was not going to get my hopes up - but, I did. This is so discouraging! I haven't told the girls but they are here at work with me and you can tell I've been crying, so I will have to tell them soon. They are both in other offices on the computer right now. I called Paul and I just cried and cried.

There are so many more things coming into play right now with our schedules. The week that we may now possibly travel is Kensley's 5th grade trip to Washington, D.C. Paul and I both flew with Emily to D.C. and had always promised Kensley we would do the same. We knew we couldn't leave Edison with anyone so soon so it was decided that Paul would go with Kensley this time. They originally planned to fly but with us having to pay the final adoption costs and not being able to buy our plane tickets to Guatemala until the week before we have to be there as altered our budget so that Paul had decided he and Kensley would ride the bus.

We were also planning to go somewhere on Fall Break with ALL of our children. We can't bring him all the way from Guatemala, show him our house and his room, and then load up, strap him in a car seat (which he is not used to) for 14 hours to drive to some strange house in Florida!!!!

And then - we also have Emily's 15th birthday on October 2nd.

God, I know you can perform miracles and I would love to experience one!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Dana,
There are not any adoptive mothers who do not cry with you. I know it does not put Edison in YOUR arms but you are not alone.

This is one of those times when it is hard to image what kind of love God must have if He loves our children more than we do.

Still in my prayers.
Sara S.

sierrasmom said...

Dana, I don't know what to say. I'm crying right now as I read your blog. I really hoped you would receive good news today. Please know that I understand.
I will think of you all weekend and I will certainly not feel sorry for myself. Kathi Hikade

sierrasmom said...

Dana I'm so sorry. I cried when I read your post. It so isn't fair and I don't know how anyone expects us to take so much. Just know I understand and I will continue to pray for both of us!!
XOXOXO Kathie Hikade

jeanette said...

oh Dana. I'm so sorry. I've been checking all week, hoping to see the BC was done early..and now I've seen it wasn't even done "on time"..which is late anyway.

I'm praying for a miracle for you.

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag