Sunday, August 31, 2008

Your room is ready!!!

Well, my back is hurting from moving furniture and I owe my sister (Aunt Lea) many thanks for helping me get everything in order! Edison's room is adorable and I am so happy that Paul and I made the decision to move the washer and dryer back into its original spot (a closet in the bathroom), even though we had to give up our wonderful large laundry room.

To the left is a photo of his comforter. Thanks to Meme and Poppy (Paul's mom and dad) for buying the bedding. It is Kids Line brand, title "Country Side" and can be found at Babies R Us. I decided to use the comforter as a wall hanging because it is just so cute! It was also very handy to hide the closet system we had installed in the room several years ago to make our "laundry room" more functional. I kept most of the closet system/shelving units in place, this way, I can keep lots of Edison's toys up and out of the way.

Over to the right is Edison's crib. My friend, Dylan, is so excited that Edison is going to get to sleep in his baby bed! Thank you Shannon (Dylan's mom), for offering Dylan's crib to us for Edison's use. It is a beautiful crib. Now, if we can get him to sleep in it... Well, if he doesn't that will be okay. He can snuggle in between me and Paul, just like Kensley and Emily did so many times.

The blue afghan laying in the crib was made especially for Edison by his Nannie (my mom). It matches his room perfectly. You will also see he already has a small collection of stuffed toys.


I really hope that Edison is a snuggly little boy. He was when we saw him 6 months ago - wow! six months ago - that is a long time when you are talking about a baby because they change so much in the first 2 years of life. Anyway, the glider rocker and matching stool is in his room and ready to rock. I also have a small collection of CDs of children's songs, lullabies and Spanish lullabies.

The rocker may not look very comfortable because it doesn't have a cushion - but do not let that fool you. It is one of the most comfortable seats in our house. Even when not rocking babies, I enjoy sitting in it and so do others. You will see in the background how I have utilized the shelving system to hold some of his toys. I only need a few more things to comlete the room, electric plug covers for his safety and a changing pad to place on the changing table. I think once we have those things - we will completely be ready!

These two photos show another wall of his room. The first is a close-up of the top of his chest (his lamp, some jumbo farm animals and a farm puzzle). I really hope he likes a farm because this will always be a part of his life. The next photo is another use of the closet system. Some of his clothes, all of his blankets, bibs, sheets, etc. are so cute, I thought I should just keep them on display! There is a closet in his room but it is being used for other purposes - this will have to do for now. I am extremely pleased with how his little bedroom turned out. Now he has a place in our home to call his own! Now, we just need to get him here!

No comments:

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag