Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birth Certificate - see it for yourself!!!!!

After waiting 2 months for something that normally takes 2 weeks, I have a copy of Eddy Alejandro's birth certificate in my hand. We are so excited. I just pray that things will now speed up as we have gotten caught in every single delay possible up to this point. I still can't believe it.

I had no clue it would come today although today is a great day - my Sister's birthday. I was praying our attorney would have it by Friday because I knew I would be really upset if she didn't. This morning, when I came into the office, there was a big yellow DHL Box sitting in front of my office door. On it was hand-written: Attn: Dana Underwood - Extremely Urgent! I knew it was from someone in the office but had no clue until I opened it. Inside was one lonely piece of paper and the first words I saw were "Eddy Alejandro". I knew then what it was. I screamed and Maria asked, "What, is there a rat in that box?" I went in and thanked Philip over and over again. Everyone in the office is so excited for us. Did I mention that I still can't believe it?

I e-mailed it to Paul as a surprise - only to find out he is not in the office. He called just a few minutes after I sent it and I thought he was calling to talk about it. I quickly realized he had not seen it so I told him. His response - "Good Deal!" I know it doesn't sound like much but those are the words he uses when he is excited about something. He doesn't get too excited about anything. Calm under pressure - that's what makes him a good cop!

Anyway - we are both thrilled and cannot wait to travel! Love to all...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations, Dana! I am so excited for you and your family!!!

jeanette said...

yay! finally! it won't be long now.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Paul & Dana! I'm glad that things are finally falling into place. I'll continue to keep you guys in my prayers!!

The Davies Family said...

Rejoicing with you!!

Joyce Davies

Sara said...

PTL Dana. His timing is not ours but it is perfect. Still holding you in prayer.

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag