Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh, Edison -- I want you to come home...

Edison,

I received some disturbing news today and for the first time, I am scared that this is going to take much longer than we have anticipated! I have never worried through this entire process because I knew you were meant to be. I have always assumed you would join us this summer. Today, The New York Times reported that Guatemalan prosecutors "will conduct a legal review of all of the country's pending adoptions." This will involve the re-examination of 2,286 cases that are pending. Pending cases are those in-process. This means those that are in PGN which also means our case to bring you home. The Attorney General's office states they are going to "study the case files deeply".

So, okay, they say the review process will not take long and they do not want to hold the children whose attorney's have followed all the rules any longer than needed. Good gracious! They have 2,286 files to "study deeply"! I understand why they are doing it. I would never want you to be adopted by us if you were wrongly taken from your birth mother! However, I have complete trust in our Guatemalan attorney and I know she has done nothing wrong - I just hate that things are being postponed. I was hoping you would come home in May! Then I started praying for June! Next I prayed for July (and I still am, but losing faith that it will happen).

You are going to be one year old tomorrow! I was prepared to miss the first 12-13 months - I don't want to miss any more! Please come home soon. I love you so much.....mommy

1 comment:

Carlberg boys said...

Such disappointing news. We will pray that it won't be delayed too much longer.

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag