Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday, February 22, 2008

We awoke bright and early this morning to Eddy crying for a bottle. His foster mom is coming to get him at 10:00 a.m.

Part of me is exhausted and ready for a break - the other part does not want to leave him here! We got everything together and were in the lobby by 9:00 a.m. Paul checked us out. We took some photos by the pool and before we knew it - it was time to go.

Our driver, Sylvester, arrived first. He went to move his car closer to the lobby and in just a few minutes, I see Teresa and her daughter, Alejandra, walking toward us. Eddy was tired. He was finishing his bottle and had started to cry. One of those throw your head and arch your back kind of cries. I think he was mad because his bottle was empty and he wasn't asleep.

Teresa walked up - first she made a noise "tsk tsk tsk" and then said "Eddy!" and got his attention. He immediately stopped crying and smiled at her. She took him. He looked at Alejandra and held his arms to her. I was telling him bye. I told him I loved him very much in spanish. We was a smiley, happy, tired baby.

Paul and I told Emily to tell him bye. She turned around and was crying - big tears! Of course, that made me cray. Kensley said, "You all, stop, or I'm going to cry too." Paul wasn't too happy to see him go either.

Teresa asked when we would be back. I told her June, sooner if possible. She then got big tears in her eyes. We both love this little boy so much! Teresa and I gave each other a big hug. Alejandra hugged all of us. Their love for Eddy is so strong. I pray we can keep him in touch with these people who were so instrumental in seeing that he was taken care of, loved, interacted with - they have made him the sweet, smart and secure child that he is! We sent them off with some goodies. Mostly extra things we had from the mission trip. Of course, Eddy had new clothes and toys.

Sylvester had planned to take us to a market near the Marriot which is much less expensive than the one next to the airport. This was Cinthya's suggestions; however, we were running behind and the hotel staff said it would be better to go to the market closest to the airport.

When we arrived at the market we met up with the Mission Team. Almost all of them were sick with food poison from a banquet held in their honor in Magdalena the night before. They all said it was delicious, however, I don't care how great it was - it would never be worth the greenish gray faces I was looking at in the market and at the Guatemala airport.

It wasn't until our flight was off the ground and I saw Guatemala becoming smaller and farther away that I became upset. I am so ready to make Edison a permanent part of our family. He fit in with us perfectly. I firmly believe that my job at AHH was intended by God to match our family with Edison. I have no doubt about that!

Several times after he had already left us I caught myself looking around to see who had him. At the airport, I was standing in line to get something to eat and saw a banana and thought "I need to get that for Eddy's snack tonight". Just as quicklyI remembered he wasn't with me and the sadness hit me again.

Everyone was feeling better by the time we arrived in Cincy - even though several were throwing up on the plane ride from Guatemala to Atlanta. The bus ride to Danville was pretty miserable because we were all so exhausted.

We finally got home at 2:00 a.m. I am writing this as I lay in my comfy bed - HOME! I intend to do nothing tomorrow other than rest. Just one other thing - we left the "Land of Eternal Spring" with temps in the 70s and 80s. We arrived in KY with freezing rain and 20 degree weather - FUN! Kensley and Emily both have sunburns.

edison is perfect. Developmentally he is right on target. He is creeping around furniture, crawling and scooting. He mimics sounds. He is absolutely adorable, lovable and precious. I just hope and pray he get to come home quickly!

P.S. It's good to be home in the USA!

No comments:

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag