Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday, February 15th

We are finally on our way - in the air from Cincy to Atlanta - it is just after 7:30 in the morning. I am exhausted as I have been awake since 6:00 a.m. yesterday!! I want to sleep however the sleep will not come. I pray we have time to rest this afternoon or I am afraid I will not be feeling well.

The flight is smooth and the smile on the girls' faces on this plane ride are priceless. It's been a few years since they have flown anywhere.

I think I am going to try to catch a short nap...

It's 9:35 p.m. Finally, I am in bed! I even got a nap earlier today! I am so happy we were able to arrive here at the Ministry Center and relax. I have been on other missions trips where we "hit the ground running" and had no time to organize anything. I feel lost if I can't get organized and know where things are.

I have been assigned to the "young girls" room. There are 5 girls (ages 10, 14, 14, 15, 15). How did I get this assignment? Because I am the mother of a 14 year old who "hates to be with me" but "cannot sleep if she is away from me". Teenagers!! Kensley is in the bed beside me. Emily is in a bottom bunk with Rachel above. Loris is in the other bottom bunk with Emma above. Kensley is not happy she has to sleep with me in the full size bed; however, it was the only sleeping arrangment that made any sense.

Dinner was wonderful! It was a chicken casserole with lots of cheese, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups and Rotel chilis. Spicy & Delicious! For desert we had brownies with Redi Whip cream - Yummy!!! Am I really in a 3rd world country? Yes I am. The best part is that we are being hosted in a large, wonderful home by a couple from eastern Kentucky! One of my favorite things has been the sweet tea. You can tell that our hosts are Kentucky natives because the sugar in the tea is "just right" :-)

Devotion time was on the roof of the Ministry Center. It has beautifuil views of the city. Everyone shared what church they were representing and what happened in their lives that they became a part of this mission team. Everyone's story was different and so interesting. Several churches are represented. I pray we can do God's will this week as we work with the children, the people, saved and unsaved, and be a witness to wonderful things happening all week long!

No comments:

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag