Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I thought of you a lot yesterday...

I'm at work right now - I'm the only one here - it's my lunchtime. I thought about you a lot yesterday, Mr. Edison, you know with it being Christmas day and all. Paul, the girls and I, had a wonderful Christmas and we all talked about how fun it will be for you to be there next year!

I remember asking an adoptive parent several years ago - how differently do you feel toward your biological child and your adopted child? The answer was - there is no difference - I love them both very much and can't imagine my life without either of them. I'm starting to completely understand that. Even though I had Emily and Kensley with me on Christmas Day, I knew something was missing! I wondered if your foster family celebrated Christmas and if you received any gifts. We bought you a few things - you have a pillow that is shaped like Diego and he will be taller than you when you get here. I think you will like him alot! We got you a hat and mittens that are camoflauge. Kensley made something for you and wrapped it and I'm not sure it got opened yesterday. I also ordered you some books and they were delivered on Christmas Eve! I cannot wait to read them to you - for practice - Kensley and I read them :-)

We've made it our own family tradition to stay home on Christmas day. Everyone just rests and plays with their new toys. I read an entire book yesterday and started one that Emily wanted me to read! Kensley got a Nintendo DS for her birthday and Santa brought a "Learn to speak Spanish" game. I played it and my Spanish speaking ability is now at a "toddler" level! Maybe that will be a little better by the time we meet you! Emily spent most of the day playing Guitar Hero III on the PlayStation. Kensley is addicted to movies and spent most of the day watching DVDs - Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribbean, Bring It On and Underdog! Paul and the girls went to ride the horses at one point in the day. I stayed home and took a nap!

So, here it is the day after Christmas and I sit here at work - all alone! It's almost time to get back to work. Meme has taken Kensley to the movies to see "Enchanted." Emily wanted to stay home so I'm sure if she is awake yet, she is either on MySpace or playing Guitar Hero. She said she doesn't like the movies????? Paul is hunting.

It will be so fun to introduce you to your new family. They are all going to fall so in love with you.
Merry Christmas Edison Alejandro (soon to be Underwood)! I love you. Mommy

1 comment:

Carlberg boys said...

Congratulations on your new addition. I know you, Paul and the girls are very excited!

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag