Friday, September 5, 2008

Depression caused by Gestation Period ...

We received our DNA results early Tuesday morning (like - they were in the fax machine when I got to work). Late afternoon, we received 2nd DNA results for another family. Well - that family received their consulate appointment yesterday (Thursday) and will be in Guatemala on Wednesday to pick up their child. I just knew we would get our appointment and of course, checked my e-mail 1,000 times to make sure I had not missed the message. Just a few minutes ago, I learned that "Pink Slips" are not issued on Fridays because the Guatemalan Embassy closes on Fridays at 11:30 a.m!! So, I have checked my e-mail all day for no reason. My heart is broken because we just knew we would be traveling on Wednesday and have our appointment on Thursday and be home on Saturday! Now, the earliest we can get our pink slip will be Monday at 5:45 p.m. our time and 6 days from then will be Sunday, September 14th (Embassy closed on Sunday) which means appointment will be on Monday, Septembe 15th and that is IF they give us the soonest appointment! I have been so excited all day and now I feel like I have been punched in the stomach.

This paper pregnancy is going to pass the 1 year mark. Today, we are at 11 months, 3 weeks and 4 days or Day 359! Let's look at the gestation cycle of other mammals.

Human baby gestation is approximately 280 days or 9 months -

With my previous pregnancies, I waited longer than:
Black Bear (210 days)
Grizzly Bear (225 days)
Polar Bear (240 days)
Buffalo (270 days)
Deer (201 days)
Elk (240-250 days)
Gorilla (257 days)
Hippopotamus (225-250)
Moose (240-250 days)

This "pregnancy" has surpassed the following:
Otter (270-300 days)
Seal (330 days)
Sea Lion (350 days)
Cow (279-292 days)
Horse (330-342 days)

We are very close to overtaking the following:
Donkey and Zebra at 365 days gestation period

Maybe my new prayer should be:
"Lord, please don't make me wait as long as an elephant!"
How long does an elephant wait for a baby you ask? 645 days!!!

2 comments:

jeanette said...

oh Dana. I'm sorry. I will pray...especially that your gestation period is up soon-very soon!

sierrasmom said...

Hi Dana please keep me updated. Hope everything is moving along Ok for you. I want to stay in touch.

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag