Sunday, June 29, 2008

Edison Shower!!

What an exciting day! My sister Lea Ann and my niece, Jamie, hosted a baby shower for Edison today. It was wonderful - the food was tasty, the presents were awesome - lots of family and friends were there! Thank you Lea and Jamie -- for everything!

Paul came to the shower and helped me open the presents. The girls asked if they could open the presents and I told them they could but that they had to change a dirty diaper for each gift they opened. I was just teasing, of course! They took me seriously and sat and watched. Paul and I even tried to get them to help and they wouldn't. I guess I know who does not want to change the dirty diapers!!

The menu consisted of: chicken salad croissants (the good homemade chicken salad with grapes and nuts); country ham on dolly buns; a vegetable tray; veggie pizza; two different dips with crackers and sweet tea to drink. For desert they served a fruit salad, cheesecake bits, and a chocolate chip cheese ball with Teddy Grahams and Ginger snaps.

After our delicious meal, my niece played a DVD she had made for us. It had all of the pictures we have received of Edison with some other photos of our dossier, our family and our trip to Guatemala when we got to see him. It was set to music and was so sweet. I loved it!

Next, it was present time! Have I mentioned that I love presents! We got some great things... a car seat, a stroller, a baby carrier, diaper bag, toys, books, diapers, wipes, clothes, a Rain Forest booster seat, mattress pad, sheets, towels, washcloths, lotion, baby wash, sippy cups, swim items, money and gift cards to name a few things.

Our friends and family have been so generous through this entire process for which we are extremely grateful. Right now, everything is piled high on the couch and I've already put the stroller together. I guess its time to convert our extra large laundry room back into the 4th bedroom we thought we would never need... I guess I've got things to do besides blogging...

No comments:

We've been waiting how long ? ? ?

From the day we filled out our application for adoption (9/11/2007) to the day we picked up Edison's visa to come to the United States (9/11/2008) took exactly one year! Of my three pregnancies - this paper pregnancy was the longest and most stressful. Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

I want to call my mom, but I don't know the country code - HELP!!

Will he wink?????

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, we are thrilled to announce that our file is out of PGN. We now await Edison's new birth certificate with our names listed as his parents and the Final Adoption Decree. Our estimated travel date is late July!!!!!!!!! God is so good!!

Guatemalan Flag

Guatemalan Flag